[texhax] Portrait to landscape mode

Uwe Lueck uwe.lueck at web.de
Sat Aug 22 18:28:20 CEST 2015

Gerard E. Seibert, Sonntag, 16. August 2015 um 19:48 Uhr:

> I use the "geometry" package to set the margins.
>
> Now, everything is fine until I want to change to "landscape" mode and
> include pictures in the document. I have tried the "pfdlscape" and "lscape"
> packages, I can never get the page into "landscape" mode with the picture
> running along the long axis and the caption under the image. I can get one or
> the other but never all. I even tried the "rotating" package but that did not
> help. That also includes getting the "footer" to print along the correct axis.

What exactly have you tried with the "rotating" package?
It seems to provide a {sideways} environment for rotating
the table body only, not the caption nor anything around.
(The LaTeX Companion, 2nd ed., p. 297.)

> Also, suppose I want to change paper size in
> the document, is that possible?

The "geometry" package has \newgeometry for changing
layout dimensions in mid-document.

HTH -- Uwe.