[texhax] Windows 10 has changed output clarity

Gerard E. Seibert jerry at seibercom.net
Mon Aug 17 16:01:44 CEST 2015

On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 11:39:34 +0100, Philip Taylor stated:

> I have not.  I aborted my Windows 10 upgrade (with extreme difficulty)
> when I discovered that (a) I could not schedule the upgrade to take
> place at a point other than in the immediate future; and (b) there were
> far too many disturbing reports of (i) problems, and (ii) no way to
> revert to the previous O/S.  I now intend to remain with Windows 7 for
> as long as possible, and will be meticulous in checking Windows updates
> to ensure that Microsoft do not trick me into downloading it again.  I
> /may/ download the ISO so that I can experiment with it in a VM.

I have not had a single problem since upgrading to Win 10 Pro. By all means
though, do use the ISO method. It is faster and cleaner.

If Win 10 scares you that much, remove the "KB3035583" update and then block
it from being downloaded and installed again. I believe you need to reboot
after deleting it so it will show up as an update so you can block it. Now,
Win 10 will not be automatically installed and you won't be nagged.

Installing Win 10 in a VM is just a waste of time unless you are writing apps
or something.

HTH

--
Jerry