[texhax] large

Walt Burkhard burkhard at cs.ucsd.edu
Sun Aug 16 02:28:11 CEST 2015

Hello,

I am trying to create a very large format 26in x 26in pdf file.  However,
tex (TeX live 2014) says that the dimension of my

epsf file is too large.   What might my options be here,  is there a way to
convince TeX to move forward.

Here are the second to fifth lines at the beginning of the epsf file
single.0 ---

%%BoundingBox: 130 -1 2017 1837

%%HiResBoundingBox: 130.07765 -0.25 2016.2 1836.13254

%%Creator: MetaPost 1.902

%%CreationDate: 2015.08.15:1649

Here is the output from TeX ---

(single.0

)

! Dimension too large.

<recently read> \epsfxsize

\epsfspecial #1->\epsftmp =10\epsfxsize

                                        \divide \epsftmp by \pspoints
\ifnum...

\epsfsetgraph ... to \epsfxsize {\epsfspecial {#1}

                                                  \hfil }\else \vfil \hbox
t...

\centerline #1->\line {\hss #1

                              \hss }

l.2 \centerline{\epsfxsize30in\epsfbox{single.0}}

For the curious,  I have attached a reduced version of the file I am trying
to create --- single.pdf

The reduction is created within MetaPost.

Many thanks in advance.

Walt Burkhard