[texhax] Draft copy of book on LaTeX

Uwe Ziegenhagen ziegenhagen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 20:02:16 CEST 2014

Personally I don't like the red boxes around the links.

I usually use

\usepackage{hyperref}
\hypersetup{
    bookmarks=true,                     % show bookmarks bar
    unicode=false,                      % non - Latin characters in
Acrobat’s bookmarks
    pdftoolbar=true,                        % show Acrobat’s toolbar
    pdfmenubar=true,                        % show Acrobat’s menu
    pdffitwindow=false,                 % window fit to page when opened
    pdfstartview={FitH},                    % fits the width of the page to
the window
    pdftitle={My title},                        % title
    pdfauthor={Author},                 % author
    pdfsubject={Subject},                   % subject of the document
    pdfcreator={Creator},                   % creator of the document
    pdfproducer={Producer},             % producer of the document
    pdfkeywords={keyword1} {key2} {key3},   % list of keywords
    pdfnewwindow=true,                  % links in new window
    colorlinks=true,                        % false: boxed links; true:
colored links
    linkcolor=blue,                          % color of internal links
    filecolor=blue,                     % color of file links
    citecolor=blue,                     % color of file links
    urlcolor=blue                        % color of external links
}

for any PDF documents. Before the print I set the color to black.

Uwe

> I have compiled a set of notes entitled "Applied LaTeX for Economists,
> Social Scientists and Others". These notes can be downloaded from
> http://ideas.repec.org/p/tcd/tcduee/tep0214.html. The abstract to the set
> of notes reads -
>
> This document provides an introduction to LaTeX for Economists, Social
> Scientists and those in similar disciplines. While LaTeX is of particular
> interest to those preparing documents containing some mathematics, tables
> or graphs its typesetting facilities can also benefit those preparing
> documents containing only textual material. The document emphasizes the
> use of a modern interface such as TeXstudio which simplifies the use of
> LaTeX. The document also contains details as to how other software such as
> statistical/econometric packages, spreadsheet, word-processing and graphics
> programs may be used in conjunction with LaTeX.
>
> The set of notes can be regarded as a preliminary version of a book which
> reflects my own use of LaTeX over many years and that of other colleagues
> that I have introduced to or helped with LaTeX. I would welcome any
> comments on the document.
>
> Best Regards
>
> John C Frain
>
> Economics Department