[texhax] whoops

Dan Luecking dluecking at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 27 20:38:58 CET 2014

On Oct 26 at 00:04:19 CEST, Walt Burkhard wrote:

 >Of course, I could change each "\input" line to contain the
 >complete file name such as /Users/walt/texmf/xyz  but I would
 >to just say   \input xyz

TeX (as well as {pdf,xe,lua}[La]TeX, etc,) do not normally
look directly in texmf directories, but rather in the
directory texmf/tex/ and all subdirctories below that. So move
your input file xyz to
     /Users/walt/texmf/tex/xyz

Alternatively, you can (re)set all TEXINPUTS.* to include the base
directory. There are 56 of these my copy of texmf.cnf.

Cheers,
Dan

Daniel H. Luecking
Department of Mathematical Sciences