[texhax] Cropping rectangle should form reference boundary for book

Dr A K Hannaby keith_hannaby at mathshelp.com
Mon Mar 10 20:09:32 CET 2014

William
The cropping rectangle is effectively the actual paper size of the finished
book.
Therefore it would be nice if a margin of 12mm could be directly read-in and
be referenced as, say, \setlength{marginrelcropmark}{12mm}.
To put it another way...  where are the datum points (0, 0) in the \amsbook
class?

As a matter of interest, I propose to remove all of my own "\setlength"
settings, and then use the "\the" command to detect what are the base values
and purpose of the various parameters.
Regards
Keith