[texhax] Settings customs names for internal hyperlinks in text

Pascal pascal.bernhard at belug.de
Sat Mar 8 11:19:59 CET 2014

Hi all,

I would like to link to certain chapter, sections of my document for
which I used the commands \autoref and \nameref in conjunction with
labels.

But do neither want the exact chapter title as the link text, nor the
chapter version, but a customized text. And I have failed to find a
solution for that problem so far.

For example:

As will be discussed in the section about FOO
(\reference-command{sec:FOO}{Here comes the custom text I want to have
linked not the chapter number nor the exact chapter title} ......

\section{The properties of FOO}\label{sec:FOO}

I was not able to find a solution in the documentation for the hyperref
package
(http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/hyperref/), but
that is probably my own fault.

I have the feeling that using \nameref and \autoref is the completely
wrong approach, so please bear with me.

Pascal