[texhax] marginpar command

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Wed Jun 18 15:45:29 CEST 2014

floats cannot be used inside other floats. A \marginpar is a float and you are presumably using \caption inside another float

For non floating (but potentially overlapping marginpars) see the marginnote package

/Lars Madsen
Institut for Matematik / Department of Mathematics
Aarhus Universitet / Aarhus University