[texhax] Multilingual index

Uwe Lueck uwe.lueck at web.de
Wed Jul 2 16:08:04 CEST 2014

It would be good if somebody could comment who has already
mastered the same problem.

If Xindy is too heavy (to learn), sorting issues always can
be solved by \index{TRANSCRIPTION at CYRILLIC}, see the LaTeX
Wikibook at

  en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX/Indexing#Sophisticated_indexing

Maybe this even fixes the formatting issue (by chance).

That Wikibook page also has a section "International indices"
with some remarks about Xindy.

HTH -- Uwe.