[texhax] XeTeX : images as links

William F Hammond hmwlfsr at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 21 01:10:52 CEST 2013

Philip Taylor <P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk> writes:

> Can anyone please explain why this does not work, and how the
> problem can best be transcended ?  (NB.  UNIV = Plain XeTeX, not XeLaTeX)

Maybe try graphicx and hyperref.

(I use only latex, but a quick google search suggests to me
that graphicx also works with eplain.)

I'm not fluent with plain, but with pdflatex this markup
works:

\href{http://this.url.foo/}{\includegraphics[width=0.15\linewidth]{this-img}}

where "this-img" can have suffix jpg, png, or pdf.

I had expected it to work as well with regular latex (since
I also have "this-img.eps"), but for some reason my dvi
reader doesn't seem to grok the link even though the display
is boxed like a link.

                              -- Bill

Email: hmwlfsr at yahoo.com
       gellmu at gmail.com