[texhax] otftotfm again

Walt Burkhard burkhard at cs.ucsd.edu
Thu Sep 19 07:36:21 CEST 2013

Hello,

I am still working with otftotfm.  I have two otf files from the P22
foundry.
Using the automatic option, the two fonts with texnansx encoding
as well as kerning and ligatures are installed into my home directory.

    the pfb and tfm files appear with two suffixes  --base and --lcdft
however.
    the map file shows both version with different pfb files.

One of the fonts seems to be fine with approximately 230 printable
characters
present.  TeX runs fine on the other; but dvips finds an issue. First dvips
reports it
cannot find the font and then it says there is a checksum mismatch as well
as an
invalid char 128.

Here is the command I used to install these two fonts.

  otftotfm -a -e texnansx P22Hoppr-Edw.otf -fkern -fliga P22Hopper-Edward
 (this seems to work!)
  otftotfm -a -e texnansx P22Hoppr-Jos.otf -fkern -fliga P22Hopper-Josephine

This almost looks like the Jos otf file may be faulty.  But I just thought
I would ask.

Walt Burkhard