[texhax] LaTeX users mailing list

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Wed Sep 11 21:25:42 CEST 2013

On 11/09/13 11:20 PM, Shawn Wilson wrote:

> Apparently we don't have a mac.info archive for this list (maybe that
> should be done)

You may not have found the MacTeX mailing list at
http://www.tug.org/mactex/help/ if that is what you are asking for.

> . As an aside of my experience so far: I've found, info for creating
> non-science docs is lacking (I might want math in a doc but it isn't
> my use case). Everything else is starting to ship with an online
> package manager (perl has shipped with cpan for ~15 years) yet tlmgr
> is separate.

As I understand it, perl may be obtained from CPAN just as TeXLive may
be obtained from CTAN.

Are you referring to TeXLive? The distribution that includes tlmgr.

MacTeX that comes with TeXLive also has its own package manager.

CTAN has both. Not sure what you mean.

Alan

-- --
Dr Alan Litchfield