[texhax] Printing "bar code" on document

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Wed Oct 2 19:50:17 CEST 2013

I saw this being done with MS Word and an add-on application. I
would like to know if it can be done with LaTeX.

I work in a small government office that issues permits. The permits
are filled in and then printed out. We would like to print out the
final permit with a bar-code that could later be scanned. Is there a
package that does that?

--
Jerry ♔