[texhax] Temporary page guide lines

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Tue Nov 26 23:26:26 CET 2013

On 11/26/2013 10:05 AM, Dr A K Hannaby wrote:

> I am writing a book on mathematics and I have succeeded in getting a set
> of four correct crop marks on each page (left and right pages).
>
> The final book pages will be smaller (165 x 205) than A4, but display on
> the screen on an A4 background (in other words, the crops are not at the
> edges.
>
> Is there a way of placing a temporary feint rectangle on every page –
> base on the crops – so as to better align the true page content, please?
>
> I enclose as short a .tex file as I can edit safely.
>
> The cropmarks are added with :
> \usepackage[frame,cam,a4,center,dvips]{crop} % crop is active; add
> notext to remove text.

You didn't include the short .tex file.

What I use is a combination of the geometry and crop packages, like this
(pdfLaTeX):

\usepackage[driver=none,paperwidth=16.5truecm,paperheight=23truecm,twoside,top=63pt,headheight=8pt,headsep=9pt,inner=4.5pc,text={29.5pc,520pt}]{geometry}
\usepackage[cam,width=20.5truecm,height=27truecm,center]{crop}

As you can see, geometry has the final trim size, whereas crop has an
additional 2cm per side for the crop marks.

When you want a frame instead of crop marks, just put frame in front of
` cam '.

Best

Axel