[texhax] how to cite a wikipedia page

Ron RJF Fehd ron.fehd.macro.maven at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 17:21:09 CET 2013

From: Pablo Mayckon <pmsf at alu.dc.ufc.br>
Subject: Re: [texhax] how to cite a wikipedia page

At the left side of a Wikipedia page there is a link "Cite this page",
[left side of page: ToolBox]
where
one can find the bibliographic information of the page and also the proper
citation in various formats; it also gives a BibTeX entry like this:

 @misc{ wiki:xxx,
   author = "Wikipedia",
   title = "ML (programming language) --- Wikipedia{,} The Free
Encyclopedia",
   year = "2013",
   url =
"\url{
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=ML_(programming_language)&oldid=539737747
}",
   note = "[Online; accessed 1-March-2013]"
 }

Hope this helps! --Pablo.

Yes, this is one of the key ideas I was looking for:
how to provide the url of the page that I saw.

thank you all,
your commentary helped me understand and reframe my Q
which were
* author
* correct class
* date-stamped Wikipedia page reference
* which style: APA was recommended by other SAS-user-group authors

As noted in my SAS-L post
http://www.listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind1303A&L=sas-l&P=R5581

I decided not to go with the Wikipedia recommendation of class=misc
and stick with inproceedings.

Ron Fehd