[texhax] TeX Live binaries documentation

Uwe Lück uwe.lueck at web.de
Sat Mar 2 12:50:48 CET 2013

Before, I wrote that I would like to see a list of all the
TeX Live binaries that invoke some TeX engine, together with
a short description. Especially I would like to see which
engine is invoked, especially w.r.t. etex/e-TeX.
(Actually TeX Live seems not to provide a real e-TeX,
 rather "emulates" it by the DVI mode of PdfTeX.)

Now I see that Arno Trautmann's tex-overview.pdf

    http://ctan.org/pkg/tex-overview

has a section "Program Names" that is what I would like to
have. It only would need to be checked.

 -- Uwe.