[texhax] MacTex and LaTex compatibility

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Tue Jun 11 19:50:20 CEST 2013

On Jun 11, 2013, at 6:11 AM, Alasdair Allan wrote:

> I will be doing something similar, but am hindered by only having a Mac at home, and windows computers at work - therefore if I work at home using MacTex, can I open or convert these files so that if I wish to continue work on the thesis at work using LaTex I can do so?

Yes, this will work fine.

The one (minor) issue is the matter of line-endings --- you'll want to be aware of them and standardise your files on one style (Mac/PC/Unix). My suggestion would be to use an editing environment on Windows which can set itself to use the same line-endings as TeXshop does on the Mac --- I believe TeXworks:

http://www.tug.org/texworks/

does this --- it's also modeled on TeXshop so you should be fairly comfortable moving back-and-forth.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer