[texhax] trouble installing TeX Collection 2013

Thomas Schneider schneidt at mail.nih.gov
Fri Jul 12 06:35:30 CEST 2013

Dick:

> I agree with you. If you go to the Home Brew site, you'll see some
> arguments on the other side.

Where?
http://mxcl.github.io/homebrew/
nope
https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/wiki
nope
https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/wiki/FAQ
nope.

Did I miss it?

> After looking at them for a while, I decided that life is short with
> many battles to fight, and this one could for left to others.

Well it would be nice not to have to fight this again a year from now.

> Incidentally, I suspect Home Brew leaves /usr alone; it is
> /usr/local they touch, and Apple installs nothing in this location.

Ok, but why make things MORE restrictive in /usr/local?  That doesn't
make sense to me.

Tom

  Thomas D. Schneider, Ph.D.
  Senior Investigator
  National Institutes of Health
  National Cancer Institute
  Center for Cancer Research
  Gene Regulation and Chromosome Biology Laboratory
  Molecular Information Theory Group
  Frederick, Maryland  21702-1201
  schneidt at mail.nih.gov
  http://schneider.ncifcrf.gov/(current link)