[texhax] Inconsolata font

Pierre MacKay pierre.mackay at comcast.net
Fri Jan 11 05:59:54 CET 2013

On 01/10/2013 06:41 PM, Vladimir Lomov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> ** Rolf Turner [2013-01-11 15:22:30 +1300]:

>>> Linux distributions don't ship tlmgr because it would interfere with
>>> their own package management systems.  But I suppose that many Linux
>>> distributions provide a command for searching the package database.
>>> Maybe something like "yum search ..." helps.
>> Ah-ha.  Some progress at last.  Doing "yum search inconsolata"
>> revealed that I should be doing
>>      sudo yum install tex-inconsolata.noarch
>> *That* found a package and installed it.  It also appeared to install
>> tex-inconsolata-fedora-fonts-svn19721-1.noarch.  So I thought I
>> was good to go.
>> But now I get the error:
>>> ! Font T1/ptm/m/n/10=ptmr8t at 10.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM)
>>> file not found
That message suggests that the font was not made avaiable to kpathsea,
and that
  Adobe times was substituted.  I see that other replies have given you
more precise answers to your most immediate problem, but you may find it
useful to let this aid you to recognize when an arbitrary font
substitution that is supposed to "make it better for you" fails.  It
happens all too often.

Pierre MacKay