[texhax] [Re: The details of \csname] TeX Live binaries -- OT

Uwe Lück uwe.lueck at web.de
Wed Feb 27 09:22:14 CET 2013

Am Mittwoch, den 27.02.2013, 00:41 +0100 schrieb Reinhard Kotucha:
> On 2013-02-27 at 11:20:40 +1300, Rolf Turner wrote:
>
>  > I for one am quite happy to see "language such as that". Sometimes
>  > "fucking" is the only appropriate adjective.
>
> This adjective is at least inappropriate when talking about the TeX
> Live Guide.  The document was created by volunteers and everybody is
> invited to contribute if it's not good enough.

I originally thought it is only Philip TAYLOR who lacks the feeling
for what "fucking" means here, but now it seems that a larger
audience could profit from a tutorial on the history of the RTFM idea
and on making and understanding jokes in general, at the next EuroTeX
meeting.  When you pass the final exam; you will receive a humour
certificate.  If you don't pass, Reinhard, no problem, you can rehearse
with your private coach for a year and perhaps get it the year after!

Otherwise or before that, I may strip the jokes from my postings,
and Phil and Reinhard will only get the sober ("diet") extracts
that they can digest.

Or the community may hold a vote to replace `RTFM' (as it doesn't
meet certain ethical standards considered more important than in
the past millenium, "politically incorrect" meanwhile) by something
like `RTGMWAWP4TED' -- "Read The Glorious Manual Whose Authors We
Praise 4 Times Each Day". The Wikipedia article

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RTFM

then should be rewritten accordingly.

Cheers,

    Uwe.