[texhax] unreachable tug.ctan.org ftp site

Uwe Lück uwe.lueck at web.de
Thu Feb 7 18:02:50 CET 2013

Am Mittwoch, den 06.02.2013, 23:23 +0000 schrieb Qiu, Sean:
> Can someone in the user group to let me know if we can still use the
> ftp to download tex pkg from tug.ctan.org? I was able to use the ftp
> program up until last year, but it stopped recently…

I do not know about ftp. http://tug.ctan.org is available for me
right now. In January, tug.ctan.org became a CTAN mirror in the
sense of a TeX archive with the same directory structure like
mirror.ctan.org, so for instance there is tug.ctan.org/macros/.
At least some days in December (and maybe many months before),
tug.ctan.org worked like www.ctan.org, providing package
descriptions under tug.ctan.org/pkg and a TeX archive under
tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/. tug.ctan.org/pkg doesn't work now,
while tug.ctan.org/tex-archive now works like tug.ctan.org
(less pretty than tug.ctan.org/tex-archive in December).
-- Just FWIW ...

    -- Uwe.