[texhax] Article like class file for authors and book like class file for a journal issue.

Shubho Roy shubho.roy85 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 10:12:21 CET 2013

I think there are two concerns which need to be addressed:
1. Every author should be able to compile their articles to check they are
working correctly.
2. At the level of the journal, the entire journal has to be compiled at
one go to create one complete journal.

The system of including each pdf for creating the journal will severely
cramp method of using latex to create your journal TOC etc.

One possible solution is to have 2 preambles:
1. You give to the author for them to compile and check their own articles.
2. You have with the journal which is used for final compile.

When authors submit the journals to you, the machine can remove the
preamble from their articles and then just use the preamble of the journal,
thereby creating a nice and simple system for a journal.

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 11:15 AM, Sukomal Modak <SUKOMAL at csiamerica.com>wrote:

>  Thanks dear friend. I am reading the documentation for combine package.
>

> Warm regards,
>
> --
>
> Sukomal

Shubho Roy
National Institute of Public Finance and Policy
18/2 Satsang Vihar Marg,
Special Institutional Area,
New Delhi 110067.
[Near JNU East Gate]