[texhax] Temporary page guide-lines

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Tue Dec 3 19:41:08 CET 2013

On Nov 26, 2013, at 6:52 AM, Dr A K Hannaby wrote:

> I am writing a book on mathematics and I have succeeded in getting a set of four correct crop marks on each page (left and right pages).
> The final book pages will be smaller (165 x 205) than A4, but display on the screen on an A4 background (in other words, the crops are not at the edges.
> Is there a way of placing a temporary faint rectangle on every page – base on the crops – so as to better align the true page content, please?

While it's not faint, it's easy enough to add

\usepackage{showframe}

to your document, then comment it out when the lines aren't necessary.

Probably it'd be pretty easy to modify the package so as to make the lines light grey, but I've never bothered, just turn them on/off at need.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer