[texhax] Beamer

William F Hammond hmwlfsr at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 2 23:15:13 CEST 2013

"Meyring, James" <james.meyring at philips.com> writes:

> I’m trying to write a beamer file but when I compile, it
> says I’m missing the beamer.cls file.  Can you help?

With what is now, more or less, the standard TeX
installation design beamer.cls should be inside the location
<path-to-texmf-dir>/tex/latex/beamer for one of your texmf
trees.  If not, you could import it from CTAN to
$TEXMFLOCAL/tex/latex/beamer.

If you find it in one of your texmf trees, make sure that the
versions of "latex" and "kpsewhich" found in your command
path both work with the corresponding TeX distribution.

                              -- Bill