[texhax] spurious space with abbrevs.sty

jtzzaa11-texhax2 at yahoo.com jtzzaa11-texhax2 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 28 10:11:19 CEST 2012

Thanks for replying.

The spurious space happens even with no other pacakges loaded. Here's a minimal working example:

\documentclass[10pt]{article}
\usepackage{abbrevs}

\begin{document}

\newabbrev\pc{Personal computer (PC)}[PC]

{\pc}abc {\pc}abc

\end{document}

which gives "Personal computer (PC) abc PC abc",  so the spurious space is there.

The abbrevs documentation mentions the set of characters after which no space should be instered is \nospacelist.
It says it should include the left and right curly braces, but when I add "\nospacellist" to the above code I get

so at least the curly braces are missing.

Any ideas?

TIA