[texhax] Obsolete \centerline command used in amsbook class (Uwe L?ck)

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu Sep 27 11:14:27 CEST 2012

Am Wed, 26 Sep 2012 19:44:04 -0300 schrieb Jim Diamond:

>> So my reaction to the complain about "\over" is "so what"?

> Apparently you don't care about the trouble this causes some people.

Exactly. I don't care when people make a lot of fuss about a very
small nuisance. The amslatex team certainly did not change \over out
of a whim. The reasons are explain in the technotes:
ftp://ftp.ams.org/ams/amslatex/math/technote.pdf

As until now neither you nor Michael have offered any concrete
evidence that the redefinition is "inexcusable" and so more than a
small nuisance I weight in this conflict of interests the arguments
of the amslatex team higher than the trouble for the small number of
LaTeX users which insist to use \over. To quote Barbara (from
another context):

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/