[texhax] typesetting in LaTeX

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Wed May 23 19:00:29 CEST 2012

On May 23, 2012, at 11:51 AM, Mohamed HOUSSNI wrote:

> Please I'm trying de find a LaTeX style to typeset words and numbers like the PDF model attached to this message. Can some body help me out.

I started on it:

\documentclass[showtrims]{memoir}
\setstocksize{610bp}{456bp}
\settrimmedsize{538bp}{384bp}{*}
\settrims{36bp}{36bp}
\setlrmarginsandblock{*}{1in}{1.5}
\setulmarginsandblock{*}{1in}{1.5}
\checkandfixthelayout
\quarkmarks
\pagestyle{empty}

\usepackage{fontspec}
\setmainfont{Lucida Sans Std}
\setsansfont{Univers LT Std 67 Bold Condensed}

\usepackage{xcolor}
\definecolor{cmykwhite}{cmyk}{0,0,0,0}
\definecolor{cmykburgundy}{cmyk}{0,0.95,1.0,0.3}

\usepackage{atbegshi}
\AtBeginShipout{\special{pdf: put @thispage <</TrimBox [36.0 36.0 420.0 574.0]>>}}
\special{pdf: put @thispage <</TrimBox [36.0 36.0 420.0 574.0]>>}

\begin{document}
\fontsize{100bp}{120bp}\selectfont \textsf{\color{cmykburgundy}{1}}
\end{document}

Problems w/ what you want to achieve:

 - using OpenType fonts --- that requires that the above be typeset w/ xelatex or lualatex
 - using PANTONE spot colours --- there's support for doing this in pdftex if memory serves, but not in xetex AIUI (times like this, I really miss the pervasive licensing of PANTONE swatch libraries in NeXTstep)
 - the text at the back is converted to paths and outlined --- one would need to use pstricks or tikz or something along those lines to do this, which AIUI, precludes the use of OpenType fonts.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer