[texhax] context newbie

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 12 18:45:46 CET 2012

Am 12.03.2012 um 15:28 schrieb Michael P. Soulier:

> On 12/03/12 Ulrike Fischer said:
>
>> I don't know what the manual says, but from the wiki
>> (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Reference/en/appendix) I would say
>> you have to much "i"s in your commands. This works for me in a not
>> completly recent context:
>>
>> \starttext abc
>>
>> \startappendices
>> \chapter{Appendix: Some stuff}
>> % ...
>> \stopappendices
>>
>> \stoptext
>
> I'm pouring through the pagenumbering section now to figure out how to get
> roman numerals in the frontmatter, arabic numerals in the bodymatter, and
> restart the numbering in the bodymatter.
>
> Almost there, but not as simple as I was hoping. And I'll need a custom
> \totalnumberofpages in my footer for the frontmatter, because

You need \userpagenumber and \lastuserpagenumber to print the converted values of the pagenumber.

\definestructureconversionset[frontpart:pagenumber][][romannumerals]
\definestructureconversionset [bodypart:pagenumber][][numbers]
\definestructureconversionset [appendix:pagenumber][][Characters]

\setuppagenumber[numberconverionset=pagenumber]

\startsectionblockenvironment[bodypart]
\resetpagenumber
\stopsectionblockenvironment

\startsectionblockenvironment[appendix]
\resetpagenumber
\stopsectionblockenvironment

\setupheadertexts[Page \userpagenumber\ of \lastuserpagenumber]

\starttext

\startfrontmatter

\chapter{Fontpart}

\dorecurse{20}{\input knuth\par}