[texhax] new printing of Knuth's Digital Typography

Barbara Beeton bnb at ams.org
Mon Jun 11 15:30:46 CEST 2012

i've just received this news from don knuth:

   A brand new printing of my book Digital Typography (1999) has just
   arrived on my desk, and I must say that I'm enormously happy to hold
   it in my hands, because hundreds of things that readers pointed out
   in the first printing have now been corrected. (The errata page at
         http://www-cs-faculty.stanford.edu/~knuth/dt.html
   lists more than 220 items, and dozens more things were tuned up
   that were too "fiddly" to mention there.)

amazon still lists only the 1998 edition,
likewise only the 1986 edition of the
Computers & Typesetting series (hardbound)
which have also recently been reissued in
newly corrected printings, so if you want
to make sure what you get is the updated
version, it's probably best to directly go
to the publisher, at least for now.
 						-- bb