[texhax] Hyperref pointer misses the correct page

Alan T Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Thu Jul 5 07:31:22 CEST 2012

Further,

I have tried the following approach:
1. I add the counter \newcounter{hyperfixer} into the preamble
2. I add the target \refstepcounter{hyperfixer}\label{theLabel} into the
text
3. I reference the target with \hyperref[theLabel]{\pageref*{theLabel}}
somewhere else in the text.

Page numbers are linking and displaying consistently now.

The problem seems to be that \refstepcounter{hyperfixer} is
indiscriminate. While the page numbers are now correctly linking,
section numbering is affected. That is, a section (e.g. 8.3) is
displayed as 109 instead of 8.3 because, I think, it is the 109th anchor
in the document. However, it links to the correct anchor. Garrrgh.

Fix one, break one,...

Alan

--
AlphaByte