[texhax] Hyperref pointer misses the correct page

Alan T Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Thu Jul 5 05:16:10 CEST 2012

Hi all, and particularly the hyperref package maintainers.

With Uwe's help, my previous issues have have resolved nicely. However,
in the process I have found a new problem. I shall try to summarise:

1. Create a standard label in a document.
2. Somewhere earlier in the document, a pageref is entered that points
at the label created.
3. PDFLaTeX the document and page reference is created correctly (p. 106)
4. hyperref is loaded and links are created, but the hyperlink points to
page 104 and not 106.

Further investigation shows that hyperref might be pointing at the
\section text and not the actual page the label is on. In this case, the
section head is on page 104. There are other instances where the section
text is on the same page as the label and the hyperlink points to the
right page.

\ref works as expected.

Yes, the hyperref package is loaded in the correct sequence.

Your help will be appreciated

Alan Litchfield
--
AlphaByte