[texhax] luximono

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Tue Jul 3 17:21:50 CEST 2012

Hefferon, James S. wrote, On 2012-07-03 17:09:
>> pass, the Ubuntu TL is very old (is it still 2009?) I just know
>> things work with TUG TL, so I tend to recommend that one over the
>> Ubuntu one.
>
> I understand your point.   But I know from past experience that if I
> go off-package then I will start being confused by the need to
> --force install packages that require texlive (such as AUCTeX), and
> other hair-pulling issues.  So there is a tradeoff involved.

Here is what I do after I have installed TUG TL on some Ubuntu and made
sure it is in the search path

sudo apt-get install equivs
equivs-control texlive-local
wget http://www.tug.org/texlive/files/debian-control-ex.txt
cp debian-control-ex.txt texlive-local
equivs-build texlive-local
sudo dpkg -i texlive-local_2011-1~1_all.deb

I usually do not install in /usr/share but on a separate
partition, auctex will complain if this is missing

sudo mkdir -p /usr/share/texmf
sudo apt-get install auctex

the texlive_local package that we build above does all the trick

otherwise, one can also use

sudo apt-get install --no-install-recommends emacs auctex

but auctex will still complain that the path above does not exists, but
in that case we just hit it with a hammer

sudo mkdir -p /usr/share/texmf
sudo apt-get install -f

--

/daleif