[texhax] Memoir: changing chapter headstyle

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 15:08:54 CET 2012

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 8:08 AM, Lars Madsen <daleif at imf.au.dk> wrote:
> Victor Ivrii wrote, On 2012-01-05 14:03:
>
>> 1) Memoir provides
>> \setsecheadstyle
>>

> part and chapter are different beasts in memoir, and has their own system,
> see section 6.4-5 in the memoir manual
>
> I also have a showcase doc:
> http://mirror.ctan.org/info/latex-samples/MemoirChapStyles/MemoirChapStyles.pdf

The problem is that I want a default style but a bit smaller and
cannot find an appropriate style. I tried

\renewcommand{\chaptitlefont}{\normalfont\Large\bfseries}
\renewcommand{\chapnamefont}{\normalfont\Large\bfseries}
\renewcommand{\chapnumfont}{\normalfont\huge\bfseries}

and it works but then it coincides with the section size (all above
are \huge in default) and I cannot figure out how to make it a bit
larger than \Large but smaller than \huge (\LARGE = \Large in memoir)

>> 2) Sometimes I need a subdivision between chapter and section --
>> something is too small for a chapter but too large and inhomogeneous
>> for a section. It should not be numbered and thus not affecting
>> equation etc numeration (in chapters containing such subdivision
>> numeration should be like in ordinary chapters i.e. (chapter.sec.eq).
>>
>> However it should be an environment (so included in \label-\ref
>> mechanism) and in toc but it appearance should not affect the tocdepth
>> (and bookmark depth in hyperref)
>>

> huh, not understod

I realized a simple way to do it...

Victor