[texhax] Lucida Font map problem in MikTeX 2.9

P. P. Narayanaswami swami at mun.ca
Wed Aug 1 15:53:38 CEST 2012

I am using MikTeX 2.9 + WinEdt7. I am trying to insytall Lucida Fonts that
I purchaesed from Y&Y long back. I created a local directory containing all the
Lucida .pfb, .tfm font files, and have added it to the Roots of MikTeX2.9 by
using
     Maintenance-> Setting-> Roots
     and updated the FNDB.
When I pdfLaTeX a file containing Lucida fonts, LaTeX processes it correctly,
but by creating the pk fonts (instead of using Type 1 Lucida fonts).
I feel it is not reading the lucida.map file, and uses bitmapped fonts.
I downloaded the file "lucida.map" from CTAN.
Where should it be placed  in my local (or home) directory,
so that MikTeX can locate it before I use the following commands

    initexmf --edit-config-file updmap
    and add
    'Map lucida.map'
    and run