[texhax] LaTeX

Uwe Ziegenhagen ziegenhagen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 06:56:43 CEST 2012

Hi Amoakoh,for learning I would suggest l2short.pdf from
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/lshort/english. It should give you a
good overview. There are also numerous books, I would suggest the "LaTeX
Companion" by Frank Mittelbach et al.

Converting Word Objects to LaTeX may not be a really nice process, but:

1) Instead of converting to EPS, convert to PDF. pdflatex is more or less
the standard today, with its successors xelatex and lualatex. Unless you
have very special requirements start with pdflatex.

2) Assuming you have various objects drawn in Word I guess you need to
manually copy them and paste them e.g. in Corel Draw or Inkscape from where
you can save them as PDF. I am not aware of an automated way of doing so
from Word (I also don't have any Word here to check it.)

If you have diagrams from Excel: These can be saved in Excel directly to
PDF. It is even easily possible to write a VBA macro which saves all
diagrams from an Excel file to PDF.

Uwe

--
Uwe Ziegenhagen