[texhax] Bibliography in other page

Thomas Schneider schneidt at mail.nih.gov
Thu Apr 5 17:09:44 CEST 2012

Darío:

I trimmed down your file.  I removed the special language cases as my
system isn't set up for it.  I replaced your references with mine and
removed the picture.

I ran the file 'paper.tex' as:

cl # clears all the aux files: http://alum.mit.edu/www/toms/ftp/cl
pdflatex paper
bibtex paper
pdflatex paper
pdflatex paper

\documentclass[10pt,a4paper]{article}
\usepackage[a4paper,left=3cm,right=2cm]{geometry} %fija los márgenes
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%Configuración de páginas%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\usepackage[spanish,activeacute]{babel} % acentos comunes
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc} %si se usa Windows cambiar utf8 por latin1
\usepackage{fancyhdr} %para cabecera y pie de página
%\usepackage{fancy}
\topmargin -1in %sube/baja el margen superior
\textheight 10in %altura del texto
\usepackage{upgreek} %para letras griegas en modo matemático
\usepackage{times}
\usepackage{gensymb} % símbolo de grado
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{hyperref} %para la bibliografía
\usepackage{textcomp}
\usepackage[intlimits]{amsmath}
\usepackage{amssymb} %para usar el \therefore
\usepackage{amsfonts}
\usepackage{float}
\usepackage{capt-of}
\usepackage{captdef}
\renewcommand{\spanishtablename}{Tabla} %cambia cuadro por tabla
\begin{document}
\renewcommand{\refname}{Bibliografa}
\setlength{\unitlength}{1 cm} %Especificar unidad de trabajo
\thispagestyle{empty}
\begin{center}
\textbf{
{\textsc{\Large Laboratorio 2}} %textsc pone las letras en mayúscula
con la primera un poco mayor
}\\[0.5cm]
stuff
\end{center}
\vspace{3cm}
\newpage
\setcounter{page}{1}
\section{Remen}
blablablabla.......
\cite{Shannon1949}
\cite{Shannon1948}
paragraph
\section{Introduccin}
\newpage
\bibliography{all.bib}
\bibliographystyle{plain}
\end{document}

This works for me.  That is, the bibliography appears on a page by its
own.  Removing the \newpage makes it appear a page earlier.

So I can't replicate your problem.  Please read:

http://alum.mit.edu/www/toms/bugs.html

again carefully.  Then trim your file to the absolute minimum that
still shows the problem.

Tom

  Thomas D. Schneider, Ph.D.
  Senior Investigator
  National Institutes of Health
  National Cancer Institute
  Gene Regulation and Chromosome Biology Laboratory
  Molecular Information Theory Group
  Frederick, Maryland  21702-1201
  301-846-5581
  schneidt at mail.nih.gov