[texhax] Question about \unvbox and longtable package

Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Sep 18 18:40:27 CEST 2011

VAFA KHALIGHI wrote:

> In the attached minimal example, I have changed the definition
> of \endlongtable and \LT at ntabularcr. In both, I have changed
> \unvbox\z@ to \hbox{\vbox{\unvbox\z@}} and it no longer works
> correctly (there is some vertical space at the end of page 1
> and the last \hline in page 1 disappeared). Please do not ask
> me why I am doind this. The reason is very clear. To make it RTL,
> the only way is that I put this inside an \hbox. Do you think
> there is a way that I can fix this or even if its fixable at all?

Why you are doing it is solely your concern.  What I do not understand
is the reason for \vbox{\unvbox\z@}.  Does \box \z@ potentially contain
some stretchable or shrinkable glue that you wish to reset to unstretched/unshrunk ??

Philip Taylor