[texhax] Using hevea

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Tue Sep 13 06:11:24 CEST 2011

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 5:21 AM, Gordon Haverland
<ghaverla at materialisations.com> wrote:
> On September 12, 2011, Gordon Haverland wrote:
>> I am trying to learn how to blog, and most things I write about
>> emacs in HTML mode is fine.  I can then cut and paste from
>> emacs to the "editor" the blog has.

[...]

>> I started with tex4ht.  It seems to be too interested in
>> presentation, and most of the structure seems to be in the
>> attributes of tags.  And way too many <div> and <span> for me
>> to work with.

I would respectfully disagree with you. TeX4ht can create structured
and customized html from your TeX sources. I too have a similar setup
as yours with a slight difference of emacs being used to write TeX
document, convert to html with TeX4ht and sent to my blog site. All
the pages at

  http://www.cvr.cc

are created in this manner. I do use a custom configuration of TeX4ht
(wp-blog.cfg) to translate my TeX files into html palatable to
WordPress.  I have uploaded the same with a Makefile setup to:

 http://download.river-valley.com/cvr/texhax.tar.gz

If you have a relatively recent TeX4ht setup,

  make blog

from the prompt will create the html page from tex4ht-hcode.tex
(itself describes about how to configure TeX4ht).

You might either remove tex4ht.env or customize to your path setup if
it creates problems.

Best regards
--
Radhakrishnan