[texhax] A variant form of \hbox

Vafa Khalighi vafaklg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 13:57:01 CEST 2011

Hi

This is almost similar to my last question. I would like to have a macro
\myhobx{<text>} so that if <text> satys on just one line, it only uses one
single \hbox but if the text stays on several lines, it puts every single
line of that text inside an \hbox. As an example let's say that <text>
starts at the middle of line 1 and ends at the middle of line 2, so when I
say \myhbox{<text>}, I would like to get an \hbox starting from the middle
of line 1 to the end of line 1 and another \hbox starting from the beginning
of line 2 to the middle of line 2.

I would be grateful if you could help me with this. Even if you think that
doing such thing is expensive, I appreciate if you could at least show me
how I can do this.

Thanks