[texhax] Displaying the \current value of \prevgraf in the log file

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk
Mon Nov 14 19:59:20 CET 2011

Paul Isambert wrote:

> I don't think that's possible. The \vadjust-ed material is turned into a
> list before the paragraph is typeset. So, unless you consider complex
> list manipulation (and such manipulation can't be done without LuaTeX,
> I'd wager -- what, me, a LuaTeX fanatic?), I can't see what could be
> left dormant.
>
> But perhaphs you might say what you're trying to do. Then perhaps we'll
> find a back street you've overlooked.

It's just a floating  (in the HTML sense) image insertion,
Paul.  From the image dimensions I can compute the parshape
for the part of the paragraph(s) that is/are to follow the insertion,
but there will need to be $n$ entries of 0 \hsize at the start
of the pageshape to allow for the $n$ lines before the \vadjust.

** Phil.