[texhax] Octave in LaTeX

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 04:31:09 CET 2011

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Cristina Abrantes
<cristina.abrantes at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Sr/Madam
>
> I'm working in article about Octave and LaTeX for a paper at my university.
> I would like to know if is there any package to run Octave inside a
> LaTeX archive?
> Because my goal is to create a PDF using the both language.

If you use
%(pdf)(la)tex --shell-escape
you can invoke any shell command including octave and filecontent can
deliver input data from the tex source
In this sense the answer is YES

However if you are asking if there is latex package which takes an
advantage from Octave in the same way as pgf/tikz takes an advantage
from gnu plot, the answer is
AFAIK NO

HTH