[texhax] Landscape

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 13:32:46 CET 2011

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 6:08 AM, Axel E. Retif <axel.retif at mac.com> wrote:
> On 11/07/2011 07:42 PM, Torsten Wagner wrote:
>

> But, anyway, I found a very ingenious solution here:
>
> http://www.latex-community.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1771
>
> Look at almost the bottom of the page for the message by shroomy115.

It is an obvious solution. However one can check out how it will be
after printing because dissertations are supposed to be printed and
here I suspect things can go wrong depending on OS and printer. I
would feel much safer if all pages were dispayed in portrait mode but
landscape page was turned.

Another possible issue which was not addressed: what if the "L" page
is a picture or a table inserted not between chapters but inside of
the chapter and in this case \clearpage looks attrocious for me as a
text from the P page before L should continue to P page after.

I would be inclined to produce L pages separately and then insert them
with Adobe Acrobat, pdftoolkit or gs which would however run afoul of
numeration scheme proposed (but the cure is obvious).