[texhax] Knowing when I hit the bottom of a page?

Peter Davis pfd at pfdstudio.com
Thu Nov 3 02:25:51 CET 2011

In LaTeX, Is there any way to know when my text hits the bottom of a page,
so that the next line would be on the following page?  I think this is what
the Martin Schröder's everyshi package provides, but I don't understand the
details well enough to know.

What I'd really like to do is use Norman Gray's textpos package, but to
restrict the height of each textblock.  When the text reaches the height
limit, I'd like to start a new textblock, so the text appears to flow from
one to the next.

I've looked at Nicola Talbot's flowfram package for this, but it's a good
deal more complex, and still doesn't do quite what I want.  Specifically,
it requires all the flowframes to be defined up front, rather than in place
in the document.

Thank you!

-pd

--