[texhax] Info amsmath package

Nicola n.petrucciorefice at gmail.com
Mon May 30 20:31:01 CEST 2011

Hello,

I'm Nick from Italy. I'm a Materials Engineering student and a latex
user. I've two questions about the amsmath package.

In my experience, in inline equations, to avoid that an equation breaks
at the end of the line, you can use curly brackets (i.e. ${ formula }$)
or the command \mbox (i.e. \mbox{$ formula $}).

1. Which of the two is the most correct?

2. Is there a way to set this command as default, for example in the
preamble, so that it is valid for all the inline equations in a given
document?

Thanks for your help. I look forward to hearing form you soon.

Regards,

Nick