[texhax] shear transform

Peter Davis pfd at pfdstudio.com
Thu May 19 00:16:04 CEST 2011

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 6:10 PM, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:

>    Should it not say explicitly "These parts are under my licence; ...
>
> Sure, I agree that it would be clearer if it said that.

If I sell someone a house, and I neglect to mention that some of the lumber
used in framing actually belongs to someone else, I think I am liable for
any consequences, not the person who bought the house.  Basically, I
represented the house as being for sale, in the same way this SIL license
represents XeTeX as being redistributable.

Again, I'm not a lawyer, so this is just my common sense interpretation.

Also, trying to trace the provenance of every library that may be used, and
every library that those libraries depend on, etc., seems very close to
impossible.

-pd
----
The Tech Curmudgeon