[texhax] Placing unknown images arbitrarily by lower left corner

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu Mar 31 16:40:25 CEST 2011

Am Thu, 31 Mar 2011 10:21:09 -0400 schrieb Peter Davis:

> I'm certainly not committed to using textpos.  I just want to be place an
> image so that lower left corner is at an absolute fixed point on the page,

Well in this case you don't need \raisebox ;-). The standard
reference point of a graphic inserted with \includegraphics is at
the lower left corner of this graphic.

textblock has an option argument which lets you decide which point
of the content should be placed at the specified location. You can
use is to tell textblock to use the standard reference point. So

\begin{textblock}{144}[0,1](72,396)

should do what you want.

Btw: I didn't follow the complete discussion but you perhaps need
the [absolute] option when loading textpos.

--
Ulrike Fischer