[texhax] Placing unknown images arbitrarily by lower left corner

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Thu Mar 31 16:23:58 CEST 2011

On Mar 31, 2011, at 9:54 AM, Peter Davis wrote:

> That's what I tried at first.  See example below.  The images still come out at the bottom of the page.
>
> Might there be something about \raisebox that would override the position set with textpos's \begin{textblock}?

I believe the problem is the reverse, textpos is detecting the contents of the text block and placing it according to its defaults, discarding the spacing around it. You probably need to put in a \strut to prevent the shifting from being discarded --- or maybe no, I tried Steve Schwartz's examples w/o the \fbox calls and it still worked (modulo the space lost for the framing rules) --- but it didn't use texpos....

William
--
William Adams
senior graphic designer