[texhax] How to use Win fonts under Linux?

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Mon Mar 14 13:47:48 CET 2011

On Mar 11, 2011, at 8:13 AM, William Adams wrote:

> you could \usepackage{mathpazo}

which will get you URW Palladio, which is a version of Palatino which has Prof. Zapf's approval. (FWIW the Palatino FAQ was authored long before that approval was widely known).

>> and Trebuchet

The CTAN package doesn't include the font I suspect. Buy it from Ascender Corp.:

http://www.ascenderfonts.com/store/search.aspx?q=trebuchet

and then typeset w/ it using xelatex or lualatex --- something like:

\documentclass{minimal}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\setsansfont{Trebuchet}
\begin{document}