[texhax] Enumerate lists inside "tables"?

Uwe Lueck uwe.lueck at web.de
Thu Jun 16 17:35:38 CEST 2011

I wrote:
>"Hubert Lam" <hubert at hubertlam.info> wrote 16.06.2011 04:27:25:
>> (I post this to the PSTricks forum so that someone might be able to help
>> with drawing a quasi table using psline or something like that)
>
> The TeX program has primitive commands \hrule and \vrule for
> drawing straight horizontal/vertical lines between or around text blocks.

To demonstrate \vrule, halfway between LaTeX and the beauty of Plain TeX:

\begin{tabular} {|p{.924\textwidth}|} %%% {|l|}
\hline
~\strut\makebox[3pc][l]{A}\vrule
~\makebox[5pc][l]{B}\vrule
~\makebox[12pc][l]{C}\vrule
~D
\\ \hline
\begin{enumerate}
  \item oh
  \item no
\end{enumerate}
\\ \hline
\end{tabular}

(`.924\textwidth' is not the perfect solution ...)

Demonstrating \hrule and \vrule, more of the beauty of Plain TeX,
avoiding a tabular environment:

\hrule \noindent
\vrule \strut
~\makebox[3pc][l]{A}\vrule
~\makebox[5pc][l]{B}\vrule
~\makebox[12pc][l]{C}\vrule
~D\hfill\vrule
\hrule \noindent
\vrule\hfill
\begin{minipage}{.8\textwidth}
\begin{enumerate}
  \item \strut oh
  \item \strut no
\end{enumerate}
\end{minipage}
\hfill\vrule \hrule

This even avoids the \textwidth mess, but obviously somebody may improve
the LaTeX list dimension parameters ...

Cheers,

    Uwe.