[texhax] encoding files

Vafa Khalighi vafa018 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 13:05:19 CEST 2011

I am using ttf2mf tool to convert a ttf font to mf source but I do not
understand how the encoding works there. The readme says:

An example of encoding file is given as 1251_866.enc.
A line of encoding file has the following format:
m [.. n]    t
This means that symbols with numbers from m to n in the destination
MF file will be taken from position t in the TTF file. If t is equal
to -1 the corresponding symbols should be omitted.
E.g. an enc file can look as follows
'120        32
'130..'137  112
'132        -1
Note that the order of two last lines is important and that both octal
and decimal notations for symbol position are allowable.
After you choose new encoding, the font table on the screen should change.

I have attached the example encoding. CAn someone please clarify this for
me? Say I have a ttf font in which letter A which is U+0041 and is in
postion 65, so can I say in my encoding file '9    65, where 9 stands for
the number of character A in the metafont source?

Thanks